Saturday, December 31, 2011

#3 Thrice- Major/Minor


I honestly have to start out by saying my top 3 were in a huge battle until last night. For the longest time this was going to be my #1 ever after i got cds 2 and 1. I'm putting this as my #3 because, i cant really pick this cd about, and describe why i like it so much. I just like this cd alot as a whole. This is thrice's 8th cd. Now there last 4 cd's were only ok (i did like circles alot), but this cd just really jumped out at me. Critics are now starting to call thrice the American radiohead, where each cd they put out is completely different than there last cd, but is hugely better. Now this isnt the screamo (or whatever you really want to define them as) cd that thrice is normally use to. There is some deep rock to it that you cant put your finger on but you just like. Now i guess you can say im getting older so my music taste is slowly starting to grow up, but now in my late 20's (30 next month). I kind of have to say that this cd might be the beginning of something new im getting into, Even though ive always been a fan of this music. Again this almost made it to my #1 spot, but i just cant pick apart why i love this cd so much, but the song that sicks out the most is one called "Anthology" just the perfect mixture of vocals and guitar riffs with fx's to it. I think if your looking for something different Major/Minor is it

2 comments:

  1. Wow... surprising. I will have to give it a listen as like you said - their last few releases haven't been that great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only listened a few times but I don't think it was a favorite of mine...yet

    ReplyDelete